Taylor Cable Products > Spark Plug Wire Products > ThunderVolt 8.2 Sleeved Race-Fit Wires
ThunderVolt 8.2mm Sleeved Race-Fit Wires
Taylor Cable designed the THUNDERVOLT Sleeved Race Wire to deliver optimum performance for use in open wheel-body racing for additional heat protection, strength and durability.
- High temperature Double-Layer Silicone Impregnated Fiberglass Sleeving adds 8,000 volts of additional insulation, while resisting heat, oil, abrasion and is easily cleaned to maintain its vibrant color finish.
- Utilizes Taylor’s 8.2mm diameter 100% Silicone 2-layer Jacketed Ignition Wire which eliminates cracking and voltage loss for greater reliability while extending the wire life.
- Features Taylor’s ThunderVolt 40 ohm/ft FERRITE Spiral Wound Core Conductor that delivers the best spark energy available today. Improves power, idle, and fuel efficiency while suppressing Electro Magnetic (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI).
- DYNO test proven shows significant gains in Horsepower and Torque.
- Works in conjunction with most brands of ignition systems, on-board computers, ignition controls, and other various electronic components.
- High Temperature Black Silicone Boots provide maximum heat protection and features Taylor’s Double Spring Locking Steel Terminals for secure-vibration proof connections.
- Shrink Sleeving at each boot end completes the Wire to Boot sealing.
- Each wire features respective cylinder number tags to simplify installation and ensure correct firing order.
- Available in Race-Fit specific sets for Chevy, Chrysler, and Ford in Over Valve Cover or Under Header applications. Additional custom built applications are also available upon request.
- Outer Silicone Sleeving available in 3 vibrant colors.
*To buy a specific product, simply click on the part number listed above.